Sunday, March 04, 2007
Here Today
Air Canada may have taken me out of Vancouver, but it will return me there as well.
I've booked a flight and can now confirm that I get back to town on Wednesday, May 16 at 5:00 PM, Air Canada flight 897. I'll be staying with my brother and sister-in-law for awhile, seeking gainful employment and generally attempting to ease back into Canadian civilization whilst waiting for Matt to show up - which will be sometime in June.
So ... why now?
Well, our lease was up, my contract was coming due and, let's face it - I was done here anyway, don't you think?
Plus, some people (you know who you are) very inconveniently chose to get engaged and schedule weddings in Vancouver starting May long weekend. Selfish. (You know I love ya, otherwise I wouldn't be coming home.)
Although, it's funny. In a strange way, I’m enjoying it here more now that I know I’m leaving, than before when there was no plan to go back. Isn't that just the way?

That being said, with Matt's help, I'll make sure to keep busy before having to get on that plane ... a long weekend in Venice, a venture down to Brighton, time in the Courtauld and curry in East London. After that, all that will be left is to say goodbye to our companies, pack our bags and have a farewell party - or two.
For those of you in London, stay tuned to this dial for details!
Air Canada may have taken me out of Vancouver, but it will return me there as well.
I've booked a flight and can now confirm that I get back to town on Wednesday, May 16 at 5:00 PM, Air Canada flight 897. I'll be staying with my brother and sister-in-law for awhile, seeking gainful employment and generally attempting to ease back into Canadian civilization whilst waiting for Matt to show up - which will be sometime in June.
So ... why now?
Well, our lease was up, my contract was coming due and, let's face it - I was done here anyway, don't you think?
Plus, some people (you know who you are) very inconveniently chose to get engaged and schedule weddings in Vancouver starting May long weekend. Selfish. (You know I love ya, otherwise I wouldn't be coming home.)
Although, it's funny. In a strange way, I’m enjoying it here more now that I know I’m leaving, than before when there was no plan to go back. Isn't that just the way?

That being said, with Matt's help, I'll make sure to keep busy before having to get on that plane ... a long weekend in Venice, a venture down to Brighton, time in the Courtauld and curry in East London. After that, all that will be left is to say goodbye to our companies, pack our bags and have a farewell party - or two.
For those of you in London, stay tuned to this dial for details!
Comments:
<< Home
Brighton kicks ass. I loved it there. I was there in a pub at Easter the day the Queen Mum died.
So, I am one of the jerks getting hitched. Haha. You love it. I just gave you a reason to get your ass back to BC, where it belongs!
Post a Comment
So, I am one of the jerks getting hitched. Haha. You love it. I just gave you a reason to get your ass back to BC, where it belongs!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
