Sunday, February 04, 2007

 
For The Record

Given the plethora of concerned emails from family and friends due to my online episodes as of late, I thought it would be nice to take my Sunday afternoon, sit in front of the computer and write a few words in clarification.

But before I do that, let me just say, "You love me! You really love me!" Seriously, I do not know what I would do without you guys. So ... thanks.

1. You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
I do not, in fact, hate my job. Occasionally, I might - but doesn't everyone? As a matter of fact, Virgo's recently been giving me responsibilities which I feel are much more suitable for my level of education and experience. Quite frankly, after my big rant, I find it a bit annoying. (Uh, boss? Are you reading my blog?) Whatever. I'm definitely not complaining!

2. Show me the money
It is definitely expensive here. However, my finances have seemed to have levelled off somehow which makes me less inclined to hate the fact that my obligatory outgoings are so high. Although, with a few trips I'm dying to take in the next few months plus Matt's 30th Birthday Extravaganza (two continents, four cities, ten days) in September there's always the issue of saving in the back of my mind. But hey - dreams don't come cheap. Whaddya gonna do?

3. Eat, drink and be merry
I am convinced that going out in London will always be somewhat of a sore spot for me; it's just such a hassle! Not only does it involve relying on and proper coordination of train schedules, it can turn expensive very, very quickly. Which - given my priority to save, not spend - is less than ideal. Oh well. We'll always have Richmond.

A friend of Liz's is planning to move out here in May after she graduates from BCIT so she asked me for some advice. While I was tempted to just let loose, in the end I decided that, for her friend's sake, it was probably best to be objective. But it also reminded me of the good points about being here, while giving me the opportunity to be honest about the bad.

In fact, I think I was quite good about it: "I just want to be honest with you because I think if I’d had a better idea of what I was getting into, I might have had an easier time getting used to actually living here. My recommendation would be to just keep an open mind about everything, get out and explore as much as you can and really throw yourself into the culture."

Not bad for a Canadian clearly issued about Britain, wouldn't you say?

So there. Hope that cleared a few things up and convinced everyone that I won't be throwing myself in front of any big red buses anytime soon.

And, for the record - I'm leaving England for good and returning to Vancouver in May. Just thought you'd like to know!

Comments:
Matt's 30th Birthday Extravaganza? Taking place in which continents and cities?
 
WOW WEE ANGIE IS COMING HOME!!!! You can meet the cute new addition to my clan!

P
 
Matt's 30 Birthday Extravaganza ...

The European Leg
- London
- Amsterdam

The North American Leg
- Memphis
- Las Vegas

Want to join us? Pick a continent (or two!) and we'll see you there!
 
I cannot WAIT to meet Chohan Jr, Paul! See you in May!
 
Angie! I just caught up on your blog - living in London sounds like a bit of the good, the bad & the ugly! Coming home in May? Well, as you know, my life is always exciting - I may be moving to France sometime this year. Something about a Parisian I met in Peru in summer '05. We'll see. :) ~~ monika
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]