Saturday, February 17, 2007

 
Better Late Than Never

As I'm sure you all know by now, this blog has been my attempt to record my experiences in England, both good and bad. However, there is one event that took place months ago that was never blogged. So, if you will allow me to step back in time I shall recount that which was missed ...

October 2006. My birthday. The post that should've happened, but somehow never did.

We all met up at this massive pub in Covent Garden, The Porterhouse, on Maiden Lane. Conveniently, John Pickersgill was in town, on the job hunt and a bit of a holiday, so he was around to help me celebrate!

The Porterhouse is a place that, upon looking at it from the outside, looks like it will be one medium-sized room on the inside. This, however, is most definitely not the case. With an upstairs floor that has a pub feel, a ground floor to serve as a pub/restaurant and a basement housing a club complete with live band, we had a variety of options to choose from all in one building.

When we started feeling a bit peckish later that evening, our party headed across the street to Fire and Stone for a pizza dinner. We parted ways just after midnight, where Matt and I retreated via rickshaw to the Sheraton Park Lane as a special treat ... and to get away from the mold problem in our flat which we were experiencing at the time.

As for gifts, Matt bought me the second series of Grey's Anatomy on DVD to complete my collection. It took me only two weeks to get through 24 episodes and now I simply cannot wait to get caught up with season three. .

Even though this happened only four months ago, somehow it feels like it was a lifetime away. I know now that although I was a bit grouchy and homesick at the time, looking back I will have been glad to have had the opportunity to spend a birthday in central London.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]