Tuesday, January 02, 2007
New Year, New Blog Entry
I may be a teensy bit late, given that it's now Tuesday, 2nd January. But it's 1:19 AM, I can't sleep (that's what happens when the sleep pattern gets thrown off) and so I figured, better late than never.
Although Matt had the flu for the majority of the holiday, we managed to have a nice enough English Christmas, complete with Christmas cake, Christmas crackers and a plethora of mince pies. Matt didn't have much of an appetite though and ended up sleeping most of the time. I felt pretty bad for him; I know he would like to re-do Christmas if he could now that he's feeling much better. Was a bit of a shame, really. Will just have to make up for it somehow!
On a not so English, much more general, could-be-done-at-any-time-of-the-year-given-adequate-opportunity-for-time-suckage note, we did fit in an abundance of couch time and West Wing on DVD. Definitely time well spent.
We had a very pleasant New Year. Matt, Neil and I went for dinner at our local before Neil headed out to east London. But rather than follow the teeming hordes of people headed to Embankment to watch the fireworks being set off from the London Eye, Matt and I opted to stay in. We warmed up some mulled wine, set off about a dozen party poppers and split a bottle of champagne while watching the London festivities on BBC One and staying up really late to watch Romancing the Stone afterwards. Fantastic.
Garfield bit it early, poor thing.

The Christmas tree, all decked out in decorations and party popper streamers, surrounded by chocolate en masse.
I may be a teensy bit late, given that it's now Tuesday, 2nd January. But it's 1:19 AM, I can't sleep (that's what happens when the sleep pattern gets thrown off) and so I figured, better late than never.
Although Matt had the flu for the majority of the holiday, we managed to have a nice enough English Christmas, complete with Christmas cake, Christmas crackers and a plethora of mince pies. Matt didn't have much of an appetite though and ended up sleeping most of the time. I felt pretty bad for him; I know he would like to re-do Christmas if he could now that he's feeling much better. Was a bit of a shame, really. Will just have to make up for it somehow!
We had a very pleasant New Year. Matt, Neil and I went for dinner at our local before Neil headed out to east London. But rather than follow the teeming hordes of people headed to Embankment to watch the fireworks being set off from the London Eye, Matt and I opted to stay in. We warmed up some mulled wine, set off about a dozen party poppers and split a bottle of champagne while watching the London festivities on BBC One and staying up really late to watch Romancing the Stone afterwards. Fantastic.
Garfield bit it early, poor thing.
I never thought I'd be one to preach this but I must say that New Year's is definitely best enjoyed if you have your favourite person around to enjoy it with. Didn't have that chance last year but was sure glad I did to ring in 2007.
The holiday is now over, the decorations all packed away. But as I sign off to hopefully get a few hours of sleep before heading back to work tomorrow (or today, rather), I hope y'all have a fabulous 2007. Wishing you health, wealth and much, much happiness!
The holiday is now over, the decorations all packed away. But as I sign off to hopefully get a few hours of sleep before heading back to work tomorrow (or today, rather), I hope y'all have a fabulous 2007. Wishing you health, wealth and much, much happiness!
The Christmas tree, all decked out in decorations and party popper streamers, surrounded by chocolate en masse.
Our Christmas lights ... a bottom-up view. Too pretty. Looking forward to Christmas 2007 already!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]