Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 
Blog Schlog

I have only three words to say at this time ...

Blogger is crap.

It may be what's allowing me to broadcast to the masses but the supposed 'upgrades' as of late have really made me quite ... angry.

First, it makes me switch to the new Blogger from the beta version. This step was fine; my pictures were uploading faster and some of the links were also placed throughout the program much better. Push-button publishing ain't so bad, either; I've benefitted from a noticeable decrease in the amount of work lost to publishing errors.

No, switching from the beta version wasn't the issue ... it was the upgrading of the templates that really got my goat. It changed the fonts for all my posts, stopped recognizing paragraph breaks, moved my sidebar to the bottom of the page and then deleted all my links - which is why you may notice that the design and links on the left look a bit different.

Seriously? For a product run by Google I was most unimpressed.

May not sound like much but let me tell you - posting is not a five minute walk in the park. Writing, sourcing, uploading and arranging images, proofing, editing, previewing and publishing takes up quite a bit of time. Obviously I enjoy it, but it's still work. And to have all that work screwed with is definitely not enjoyable.

So why doesn't my blog design look like complete and utter shit right now? Because I'm dating a web developer who has a masters in computer science and can't bear to see me get so upset over something so stupid as a blog, that's why. Thank freakin' Jesus.

If you people over at Blogger.com are reading this, I tell ya ... I know you're trying to make blogging better, but have ya heard of program testing? Your so-called improved templates are hideous in every aspect. And bring in some new programmers, would ya? Your code is a disaster.

(If I mysteriously disappear from this address, I think we'll all know why, won't we? Stay tuned to this dial for further updates.)

Comments:
HAHA, Angie spent too much time with us Business IT wanna be tech nerds @ BCIT!!!
 
God, tell me about it! Just kidding. (Sort of.)
 
Technology is a tool of the Man to keep the worker too distracted to notice that the traditional notion of fulfillment through "career" and the accumulation of material goods is in direct opposition to what nature intends true fulfillment to be. Technology is designed to further turn the wheels of capitalism and force the worker into a lifetime of servitude to the Man.
 
Is it wrong that this may be my favorite blog so far. I think I just like the happy face with the finger. small things......
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]