Sunday, November 12, 2006
Riderville, UK
CFL Western final, 2004. BC Place, Vancouver. Saskatchewan Roughriders and BC Lions.
I still remember, quite vividly, how I felt when Paul McCallum missed the field goal my freaking grandmother could’ve made to put the team through to the show. Did my heart ever fall on the floor! Boy got it bad when he got home too, unfortunately. Had to feel bad for him but c'mon now ... 18 yards? 18 yards, man!
And now? CFL Western final, 2006. BC Place, Vancouver. Saskatchewan Roughriders and BC Lions.
Two years have passed, and a few things have changed; McCallum's kicking for the Lions and Joseph's the front man for the Riders. But some things remain solid: Danny Barrett behind the bench, my man, Scott Schultz, on special teams and Kenton Keith - who is really Jesus in disguise (according to Benson).
I’m telling ya, it’s their time. Time to make amends and heal old wounds, put the past behind them and bring peace to the inhabitants of Riderville. Know how I know? Because I’m on another freaking continent. I can just see it now … Saskatchewan Roughriders, 2006 Grey Cup Champions, Party of the Year in Winnipeg! Saskatchewanians will remember it always and continue to talk about it for years to come:
“So man, like, where were you when the Riders won the cup in 2006?”
“On another freaking continent.”
But hey - if sacrifices have to be made, so be it. If I have to be across an ocean, watching the game on cfl.ca instead of amongst the Rider section at BC Place, beer and hot dog in hand, noisemaker at the ready and Brook beside me screaming profanities in order to see them go all the way, I'll take one for the team.
The London contingency's got yo' back ... go Riders go!
CFL Western final, 2004. BC Place, Vancouver. Saskatchewan Roughriders and BC Lions. I still remember, quite vividly, how I felt when Paul McCallum missed the field goal my freaking grandmother could’ve made to put the team through to the show. Did my heart ever fall on the floor! Boy got it bad when he got home too, unfortunately. Had to feel bad for him but c'mon now ... 18 yards? 18 yards, man!
And now? CFL Western final, 2006. BC Place, Vancouver. Saskatchewan Roughriders and BC Lions.
Two years have passed, and a few things have changed; McCallum's kicking for the Lions and Joseph's the front man for the Riders. But some things remain solid: Danny Barrett behind the bench, my man, Scott Schultz, on special teams and Kenton Keith - who is really Jesus in disguise (according to Benson). I’m telling ya, it’s their time. Time to make amends and heal old wounds, put the past behind them and bring peace to the inhabitants of Riderville. Know how I know? Because I’m on another freaking continent. I can just see it now … Saskatchewan Roughriders, 2006 Grey Cup Champions, Party of the Year in Winnipeg! Saskatchewanians will remember it always and continue to talk about it for years to come:
“So man, like, where were you when the Riders won the cup in 2006?”
“On another freaking continent.”
But hey - if sacrifices have to be made, so be it. If I have to be across an ocean, watching the game on cfl.ca instead of amongst the Rider section at BC Place, beer and hot dog in hand, noisemaker at the ready and Brook beside me screaming profanities in order to see them go all the way, I'll take one for the team.
The London contingency's got yo' back ... go Riders go!Subscribe to Posts [Atom]