Sunday, November 19, 2006
A Little Perspective
I received quite a few comments about the big online rant I had a few weeks back - but really, people. Are ya that surprised? Peaks and troughs happen. How often will you see me putting all my crap out there just to find out what comes back?
I am going through a good period again, though. I've been in such good spirits since my last rant that I'm becoming more and more convinced that I’m bipolar. Either that or schizophrenic.
It might have something to do with the good week I've had:
Went to a kickboxing class, where I got to play with swords - definitely a productive release of hostility;
Partook in a client dinner for Matt's company, where we were wined and dined at Mint Leaf and I got to pretend like I was the new marketing consultant at Panlogic (which, I'm obviously not);
Work has been a joy, where I'm constantly given more responsibility and have been running elements of design and production on my own;
Wandered about The Gap Year Show at ExCel London yesterday and went through the city on the way home, stopping at the Clink Prison in London Bridge and walking the South Bank, coffee in hand.
I will not deny the fact that I am a little nuts. And that my sense of perspective can sometimes be distorted. Take this, for example ...
One of my best friends sent me an email last week, telling me that her dad has cancer. He was diagnosed in the spring and did really well with his radiation and chemo treatment over the summer. But, as it turns out, the cancer's now spread.
My friend is one of the strongest people I know. She's an explorer, an intellectual. She's stayed true to herself and has never, ever let me down.
I blow smoke about what's wrong with my life and bitch about the things I don't have. Then someone will comment or hit reply and remind me about the things I do have. But it was my friend's unsolicited email that really got me thinking about what a selfish, silly, ungrateful girl I am.
You know something? I am lucky and definitely have more than I deserve. It is enough that I can be out for dinner or go for a walk with my guy - just because we can, and that my parents are sound of mind, even though they're getting older, and that the people in my life that I care about most are healthy and happy.
It is enough.
So, babe ... bless your heart, darlin'. And don't ever forget that I am there for you always, time difference and distance be damned.
I received quite a few comments about the big online rant I had a few weeks back - but really, people. Are ya that surprised? Peaks and troughs happen. How often will you see me putting all my crap out there just to find out what comes back?
I am going through a good period again, though. I've been in such good spirits since my last rant that I'm becoming more and more convinced that I’m bipolar. Either that or schizophrenic.
It might have something to do with the good week I've had:
Went to a kickboxing class, where I got to play with swords - definitely a productive release of hostility;
Partook in a client dinner for Matt's company, where we were wined and dined at Mint Leaf and I got to pretend like I was the new marketing consultant at Panlogic (which, I'm obviously not); Work has been a joy, where I'm constantly given more responsibility and have been running elements of design and production on my own;
Wandered about The Gap Year Show at ExCel London yesterday and went through the city on the way home, stopping at the Clink Prison in London Bridge and walking the South Bank, coffee in hand.I will not deny the fact that I am a little nuts. And that my sense of perspective can sometimes be distorted. Take this, for example ...
One of my best friends sent me an email last week, telling me that her dad has cancer. He was diagnosed in the spring and did really well with his radiation and chemo treatment over the summer. But, as it turns out, the cancer's now spread.
My friend is one of the strongest people I know. She's an explorer, an intellectual. She's stayed true to herself and has never, ever let me down.
I blow smoke about what's wrong with my life and bitch about the things I don't have. Then someone will comment or hit reply and remind me about the things I do have. But it was my friend's unsolicited email that really got me thinking about what a selfish, silly, ungrateful girl I am.
You know something? I am lucky and definitely have more than I deserve. It is enough that I can be out for dinner or go for a walk with my guy - just because we can, and that my parents are sound of mind, even though they're getting older, and that the people in my life that I care about most are healthy and happy.
It is enough.
So, babe ... bless your heart, darlin'. And don't ever forget that I am there for you always, time difference and distance be damned.
Comments:
<< Home
Have you eaten at the Thai Elephant yet? Also, grab a takeaway sandwich from the deli food hall at Harrods sometime...yes, it is affordable, and delicious! Harrods is the only place I ever found North American Iced tea in a can...Arizona Iced Tea, in fact.
Yes! I totally forgot to tell you that Matt and I have, indeed, paid a visit to the Thai Elephant ... it's only five minutes away from our flat! And definitely worth it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

