Saturday, July 01, 2006
Happy Canada Day!It's a strange thing to celebrate Canada Day from across the ocean. There's no fireworks, no parade and no television coverage of events from Parliament Hill.
I did, however, do my part by singing the national anthem first thing in the morning and then by not wearing my England shirt for the quarterfinal game ... since the whole point is to celebrate our independence from said nation, and all. (Thanks to Terry for reminding me of that.)
I may be on another continent but I'm not about to forget who I am and where I come from ... my name is Joe, and I am Canadian!
Just kidding. Here's to you, Canada.
Comments:
<< Home
Here's to us! Wuhoo Canada!
I spent my day being very patriotic by shopping in Langley - aka Big Box Town.
Post a Comment
I spent my day being very patriotic by shopping in Langley - aka Big Box Town.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

