Sunday, June 25, 2006

 
This Week's Quickie

Just to keep everyone going, here's a quick run down on my life as of the last week and a half.

Work is going splendidly. Busy, busy, busy ... already!

Matt's friend John was in town last week, along with John's wife Theresa and their friend Chris. They took us out to Strada, one of our favourite pasta places in Richmond. But since Matt and I were also given the opportunity to get out of our hood for awhile, we joined them in London to tuck in to some fantastic curry at Masala Zone in Earl's Court and then again to take in a football game at the Maple Leaf.

Matt and I got a bit of culture by attending the opera La Bohème at Richmond Theatre on Thursday. Oddly enough, there was a digital sign which provided English subtitles. Although I think it detracted from the performance, the music was wonderful and I think we'll definitely attend more productions there.

England is doing well in its World Cup showing thus far and, as of today, has made it through to the quarterfinal round. The next game will be Saturday, July 1 versus Portugal. I will therefore be celebrating Canada Day by sporting an England shirt and cheering loudly along with many other Brits in a smoky, crowded pub somewhere in London.

Speaking of cup craziness, I stayed up late to watch four out of the seven Stanley Cup final games. Even though the Oilers went bust, they put up a great front and I was still proud. Good job Edmonton!


(By the way, did everyone see? Marc Crawford took up post with the Los Angeles Kings. Go figure.)

Last but not least, my BCIT BBA convocation took place on Wednesday, June 21 at 9:00 AM in Burnaby … well, at least I was told it did since I obviously wasn’t there. But the point is that I am now an official degree graduate! Yay for me!

A big shout-out to my fellow BBAers who graduated last week, and also to those who convocated from the Marketing Diploma program on Thursday, June 22. Way to go y’all!

Comments:
And Bertuzzi is gone too! Goodbye mindless thug.

SK beat BC last weekend, 2 touchdowns in the last minute of the game. Go GREENIES!
 
Bert for Luongo. I've been told most Canadians retire to Florida. I must admit that I am mixed about the trade, though. Hmm.

And go Riders! After England lost to Portugal in the World Cup today I gotta say that I am sick of backing a losing team. This had better be the year for Saskatchewan!
 
If SK goes to the show, I am sooo there. I say that every year.
 
As you should! Only a true Rider fan would proclaim as such ... go Riders go!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]