Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 
Cups Ahoy!

The World Cup kicked off last week after an astonishing amount of hoopla and rah rah. Now, I may not necessarily be the biggest football (soccer) fan ever, but I can confirm that people here love their teams – which is nice to see. England fans are immensely loyal and never miss a match; game schedules most definitely have priority over work and family lives. That's what I call commitment!

Anyways, it's fun to observe the general European obsession that is football. I may not understand it, but it is quite an endearing quality.

With that being said ... come on, England!

While the World Cup may be the center of attention on this side of the pond, I know I'm missing one helluva Stanley Cup final back home. It makes me sad to not be able to cheer on a Canadian team from my home country but at least one of the TV stations here is playing the games live; I was up till nearly 4:00 AM for game number 3! Ouch!

Oh well. If sacrifices have to be made, then so be it!

And with that being said ... go Oilers go!

With World Cup football on for at least the next month and (hopefully) Stanley Cup hockey on for at least another few games, I think I've got enough cup craziness to last me awhile.

Comments:
GO RIDERS! Tonight's the game and I am wearing green. Can't wait for a BC place hot dog!
 
45 to 28? Boo!

But - as with all good Rider fans - I still believe that they will persevere. On to Winnipeg!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]