Thursday, May 11, 2006
Serenity Now?
It took a total of four and a half days.
For one who had this burning wanderlust, this great desire to leave everything behind and explore another country, instead of wandering around aimlessly I’ve taken more to just feeling … aimless.
Let me put it this way. Today, I assembled a TV stand for a big ass TV. Exciting times in England, let me tell you.
I know it’s partly my fault. I’ve spent more than enough time sitting at “home” on the computer, sleeping off so-called jet lag, couching seriously instead of roaming about. The problem is my mental fixation on the fact that I feel sans purpose. Without work/school/trip planning, I’m just not sure what to do.
The answer is simple, is it not? Go exploring! Wander about! Enjoy having the luxury to just be purposeless – it’s not often people get that chance! I know this, yet why do I still think it’s going to take much, much more than that?
I’ve been here before. I don’t feel like I’m a tourist. I look for where to buy groceries, do my banking, get stamps. Instead of feeling like I’m undertaking this great adventure I’m doing exactly what I would’ve been doing, all along, in Vancouver: job hunting and checking out the latest and greatest cleaning products.
I suppose I was looking for magic and surprises but all I got … was life. Tough shit for me.
As I said to Lisa K., “I think that if more people took some risks and followed where their hearts lead them the world would be a much happier place.” Well – I'm already here, aren't I? I guess it’s about time I really started to practice what I’ve been preaching ... allow some decompression from the whirlwind that has been my life, have a little patience and just be happy, damn it.
After all, it’s not every day that ordinary people get to experience carefree existences, is it?
It took a total of four and a half days.
For one who had this burning wanderlust, this great desire to leave everything behind and explore another country, instead of wandering around aimlessly I’ve taken more to just feeling … aimless.
Let me put it this way. Today, I assembled a TV stand for a big ass TV. Exciting times in England, let me tell you.
I know it’s partly my fault. I’ve spent more than enough time sitting at “home” on the computer, sleeping off so-called jet lag, couching seriously instead of roaming about. The problem is my mental fixation on the fact that I feel sans purpose. Without work/school/trip planning, I’m just not sure what to do.The answer is simple, is it not? Go exploring! Wander about! Enjoy having the luxury to just be purposeless – it’s not often people get that chance! I know this, yet why do I still think it’s going to take much, much more than that?
I’ve been here before. I don’t feel like I’m a tourist. I look for where to buy groceries, do my banking, get stamps. Instead of feeling like I’m undertaking this great adventure I’m doing exactly what I would’ve been doing, all along, in Vancouver: job hunting and checking out the latest and greatest cleaning products.I suppose I was looking for magic and surprises but all I got … was life. Tough shit for me.
As I said to Lisa K., “I think that if more people took some risks and followed where their hearts lead them the world would be a much happier place.” Well – I'm already here, aren't I? I guess it’s about time I really started to practice what I’ve been preaching ... allow some decompression from the whirlwind that has been my life, have a little patience and just be happy, damn it.
After all, it’s not every day that ordinary people get to experience carefree existences, is it?
Comments:
<< Home
Love the Seinfeld reference. You have been there a week and you already feel restless and aimless? Same old Ang.
P.S. Go Oilers Go!
P.S. Go Oilers Go!
Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit overdramatic as usual. Guess not having any responsibilities is just not my bag, baby.
An acoustic evening with Dave Matthews in Birmingham, here we come! Yay!
Post a Comment
An acoustic evening with Dave Matthews in Birmingham, here we come! Yay!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

