Monday, May 08, 2006

 
London, Baby!

Well, the London borough of Richmond upon Thames to be exact – but close enough, as they say in horseshoes and hand grenades.

From insomnia to jet lag, I may be on the other side of the Atlantic but I’ve discovered that some things don’t change. Matt is still the best guy ever. Groceries still need to be bought. And I still lie awake at night, thinking about what goes next on the blog.

This is the second night in a row that I’ve been in bed by 11:00 PM only to find myself wide awake just three hours later. So, you may be wondering why the blog hadn’t been updated till now. The reason? My brain needed time to process. No way it was gonna get here any faster.

But I didn’t have the freak-out I was expecting to have, like the last time I was here and went apeshit three times in the first hour. I guess I was just mentally prepared for it this time and, since I’m going to be here for awhile, my brain must’ve figured there wasn’t any point. Thank goodness for that!

Enjoying myself thus far, apart from the erratic sleep pattern and not being able to watch playoff hockey. Had a fairly laid-back first few days in the UK: did a bit of unpacking, wandered around Richmond with Matt (it’s gorgeous here), went for Sunday roast and even got in a pint at The Maple Leaf, the Canadian bar in London. Very popular, as you can well imagine.


Next on the agenda? Maybe some job hunting, but I’m guessing more acclimatizing. Why not?


Evening in London from the Hungerford Bridge

Comments:
So Angie... how are the girls there? ;)
 
Accents? Phew, that's hot.

And I'm sure if you asked them, they'd all say they absolutely adore Filipino men who are growing their hair out.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]