Friday, May 12, 2006
I Walk The Path
While it may be true that I would rather be working, in an effort to make the most of my experience and not piss it away, yesterday I forced myself out of bed and onto a train and went into central London to be somewhat of a tourist.
I picked a good day to apply a self-kick to my butt too, since it turned out to be arguably the most beautiful day since I arrived here last weekend. I started out by crossing the Thames via Westminster Bridge to look up at the Parliament Buildings. (As for me and Big Ben? We go back to 1999, when I was last here.)
Although I walked by them, I chose to forego attractions such as the London Eye, the London Aquarium and the permanent Dali exhibit at the County Hall Gallery, deciding to partake of those exhibits some other day.
I did, however, walk alongside the river to check out Tate Modern, which is Britain’s museum of modern art. I strolled over the Millennium Bridge and also walked into St. Paul’s Cathedral. I re-familiarized myself with the London Underground and then figured out which train I needed to take to get back home.
All in all, a successful day and I’m sure there are more to come.
While it may be true that I would rather be working, in an effort to make the most of my experience and not piss it away, yesterday I forced myself out of bed and onto a train and went into central London to be somewhat of a tourist. I picked a good day to apply a self-kick to my butt too, since it turned out to be arguably the most beautiful day since I arrived here last weekend. I started out by crossing the Thames via Westminster Bridge to look up at the Parliament Buildings. (As for me and Big Ben? We go back to 1999, when I was last here.)
Although I walked by them, I chose to forego attractions such as the London Eye, the London Aquarium and the permanent Dali exhibit at the County Hall Gallery, deciding to partake of those exhibits some other day. I did, however, walk alongside the river to check out Tate Modern, which is Britain’s museum of modern art. I strolled over the Millennium Bridge and also walked into St. Paul’s Cathedral. I re-familiarized myself with the London Underground and then figured out which train I needed to take to get back home.
All in all, a successful day and I’m sure there are more to come.
Comments:
<< Home
Thoughts on London.
Tate Modern - the death of talent.
Whoever said that painting a canvas blue was art needs a smack.
Apricot and Almond tarts at Marks and Sparks are delicious. So are Lilt, Muller Yogurt and Yorkie Bars.
Sushi in London is not as good as Vancouver sushi. Although Yo!Sushi is neat.
Be sure to see St. Katharine Docks - my favorite place in London. Near Tower of London, east side of Tower Bridge.
Watch for streakers in the cricket field in Richmond!
Tate Modern - the death of talent.
Whoever said that painting a canvas blue was art needs a smack.
Apricot and Almond tarts at Marks and Sparks are delicious. So are Lilt, Muller Yogurt and Yorkie Bars.
Sushi in London is not as good as Vancouver sushi. Although Yo!Sushi is neat.
Be sure to see St. Katharine Docks - my favorite place in London. Near Tower of London, east side of Tower Bridge.
Watch for streakers in the cricket field in Richmond!
Reply to thoughts on London.
Tate Modern, recently revamped. New and improved, or same ol' death of talent?
M and S has some of the best grocery store desserts I've had - ever.
London sushi? Bleh. Man, how I miss good raw fish. (But yes, Yo!Sushi WAS neat.)
Funny you mention St. Katharine Docks as I was planning to check out Tower Bridge area sometime this week. Spooky.
Streakers and homeless people who throw up. Maybe the Green really isn't all it's cracked up to be ... no, still good!
And too bad we didn't get to Finnegan's Wake. Hopefully there will be a next time!
Post a Comment
Tate Modern, recently revamped. New and improved, or same ol' death of talent?
M and S has some of the best grocery store desserts I've had - ever.
London sushi? Bleh. Man, how I miss good raw fish. (But yes, Yo!Sushi WAS neat.)
Funny you mention St. Katharine Docks as I was planning to check out Tower Bridge area sometime this week. Spooky.
Streakers and homeless people who throw up. Maybe the Green really isn't all it's cracked up to be ... no, still good!
And too bad we didn't get to Finnegan's Wake. Hopefully there will be a next time!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

