Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 
Good Things Come In Astrological Packages

I’m a Scorpio. On top of that, I’m a female Scorpio. And as such, astrology describes me like this:

Being volatile but secretive;

Being intensely emotional;
Possessing a burning need for answers and the persistence to get them;
Having a tendency to bear grudges – can be suspicious and vindictive.

I think this could easily be backed up by many personal sources such as my high school girls, the IT guys and, most definitely, Lisa K. (she's seen it all).

Matt’s a Virgo. He is described astrologically as being:

Level-headed;
Modest;
Practical;
Neat, clean and precise in his habits.

Basically, all the things that I am not … on the emotional side, anyway.

But let’s face it. Somehow, we work. We agree on many of the things that we think are important but disagree enough that the conversations remain interesting. We complement each other's styles and he somehow knows how to deal with my bipolarism.

Only, this isn’t just about me and my astrological match with Matt. There’s a bigger force at work here … which I only became aware of when I ended up interviewing for a position at a healthcare public relations agency.

The name of the company? Have you guessed it yet? Here’s a hint: it’s an astrological sign.

It’s – Virgo.


I got the go-ahead interview after my application was put forward by Chrissie at Workforce Solution, the recruitment agency looking to fill the position. And then I got the callback interview to meet with the company’s director the very next day.

Long story short: I got the job, did a jig and Matt bought me dinner to celebrate.

Who knew that Virgos could be so good for a Scorpio? (Probably the Rosenthal girls, but that’s just because they have an astrological knowledge base upon which to stand.)

I may have wanted to kill myself after two weeks of job hunting but Chrissie and the team at Workforce Solution were phenomenally wonderful; even if I hadn’t gotten the offer from Virgo I would still be saying this. They work really hard, are dedicated to their clients and are genuinely nice. I would recommend them to anyone moving to the London area that is looking for help finding work.

Everyone at Virgo seems wonderful also. I start with them on June 5 as their Marketing Coordinator and will find out firsthand if they live up to their astrological mantra of being "hard-working, carrying out duties efficiently and conscientiously with a ceaseless pursuit of perfection." From what I’ve seen and heard so far, it seems very likely. Perhaps that’s why the company was named Virgo in the first place. Hmm.

Anyhow, according to the astrological experts on the Internet, the compatibility between a Virgo and a Scorpio is "... a good match that can definitely lead to long-lasting love with a little care.”

I think I can safely say that’s covered in my personal life. As for my work life? I’ll just keep my fingers crossed, look up to the stars and jump in with both feet.



Sources
Adze
Astrology on the Web
DressKing Inc.
PsychicsConnect.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]