Friday, April 28, 2006

 
Sold, Stored, Still Packing







From this ...

... to this. Maybe it would have been more apt to name the blog Stored Everything instead of Sold Everything.

But, things happen for a reason. My brother and his wife were gracious enough to offer me up half their garage for storage while I'm away and I'm certainly not one to turn down a bargain at the ready. Sadly, however, I discovered that even though it seemed like not a lot of stuff, it was definitely more than I thought; should have splurged, gotten the one-ton truck and made one trip out to Langley instead of the two trips I was forced to make with a cargo van. Live and learn.

A quick shout-out to the Great Little Box Company on Mitchell Island who supplied me with plastic (for cheap) and pallets (for free) and Budget Rent A Car in Burnaby who remembered me even after the move was over!

Thanks to Kitty, Ray, Brook, Chris, my brother and Brandon who were totally cool and came out to help load up the van. Would have been a huge pain in the ass without you guys!

Now all that's left is a few more suitcase scenarios, a get-together here and there and the final goodbyes. Eight more days and I'm outta here!

Comments:
See you in London at Finnegan's Wake, Ealing!

You'll love Richmond - it is beautiful. Be sure to have dinner at the Thai Elephant.
 
Yeah, but is Richmond as nice as Regina. Ha ha. Nothing can compare with Bushwakkers or Bonzinni's.
 
They're all good, I'm sure! But I will need to find an English pub where I can put in a shift comparable to the Regina warehouse district shift on a Friday night. I imagine it won't be a problem since they're all open 24-7 in London. Could be trouble.
 
You are going to be drunk all the time in London.

Bonzinni's - how I miss thee. And thy Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]