Thursday, April 20, 2006

 
Sold (Not Quite So) Everything

One moving truck, a few friends and a case of beer. That is what my Sunday is looking like.

As much as I would have liked to have put all my furniture on the lawn, hopped onto craigslist and proclaimed, "Free for all!" - I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

It's not junk, I've come to realize. It's the furniture that has gotten me through my year-plus in Ontario, the six months I spent with my best friend Lisa K. when my past relationship went sour and now the three years in my program at BCIT. My furniture ain't no shit ... they're experience goods.

It's like what Matt said about his couch when he had trouble getting rid of it and didn't have the option to store it, such as I do: "Why doesn't anybody love you like I love you?" I feel ya, dawg.

So. If anyone thinks that they could possibly grow to feel the same way about my furniture as I do, can offer me up some cash and then haul it away for themselves by Saturday night ... you know where to find me.


And if the spirit moves you to help me load up a moving van on Sunday, there'll be cold ones waiting in the fridge for you and good karma around the corner.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]