Friday, March 31, 2006
Pain, Strains And Recycling Alternatives
I seem to have been afflicted with carpel tunnel syndrome. I think it has something to do with the fact that I've been living in front of a computer day in and day out for the last three weeks.
So what do I do? Naturally, I go back to the blog. It's rest, I swear!
But seriously, with a lull in report writing and presentation prep I should have enough time to give my repetitive strain injury some respite and maybe even begin to remember what the world looks like apart from behind a monitor. In fact, I've made a good start ... went for two runs in the last two days. Although, my hamstrings have been bothering me since. (Hello, Ang? Gradual return to activity? I've been running long enough that I really should know better by now.)
On the errands front, I made a stop at The Recycling Alternative, who were nice enough to shred my confidential crap and appease my paranoid nature. I promised the very nice operations manager that I would return - and I will - but since I won't be back for quite some time, I figured that a blog shout-out will have to do for now.
So, yes. If you need items shredded, go see them. They're at 360 Industrial Avenue in Vancouver (by Science World). I would recommend getting a bunch of friends together, since it is a $30 minimum, but they're wonderful there.
The moral of the story? Be lean, be green, and remember to take a day off once in awhile.
I seem to have been afflicted with carpel tunnel syndrome. I think it has something to do with the fact that I've been living in front of a computer day in and day out for the last three weeks.
So what do I do? Naturally, I go back to the blog. It's rest, I swear!
But seriously, with a lull in report writing and presentation prep I should have enough time to give my repetitive strain injury some respite and maybe even begin to remember what the world looks like apart from behind a monitor. In fact, I've made a good start ... went for two runs in the last two days. Although, my hamstrings have been bothering me since. (Hello, Ang? Gradual return to activity? I've been running long enough that I really should know better by now.)
On the errands front, I made a stop at The Recycling Alternative, who were nice enough to shred my confidential crap and appease my paranoid nature. I promised the very nice operations manager that I would return - and I will - but since I won't be back for quite some time, I figured that a blog shout-out will have to do for now. So, yes. If you need items shredded, go see them. They're at 360 Industrial Avenue in Vancouver (by Science World). I would recommend getting a bunch of friends together, since it is a $30 minimum, but they're wonderful there.
The moral of the story? Be lean, be green, and remember to take a day off once in awhile.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]